Tuesday, July 14, 2015

An Amazing First Day


Our first minister day is in the books. We had a great day. We started by prayer walking around Northern Virginia. We went to 5 different locations. We wanted to start our day by praying for the Lord to give us strength for the day. We will share them below briefly.

1.  Centreville Fire Department

2.  Colin Powell Elementary Schook

3. Centreville High School

4.  George Mason University

5.  Manassas Battlefield


The afternoon was HUGE. We were prayed up and ready to go out into the neighborhoods. We knocked on doors and invited people to church. We had some great conversations as we knocked on about 150 doors and handed out invite cards. When that was complete, our students wanted to keep going. We headed over to the mall an continued to share. Most were pretty receptive but a few were anti-church. Adam Huneycutt got a hand to the face when he mentioned church, but he handled it beautifully.

Our students where PHENOMENAL. They jumped right in and had no fear. I was so proud of them. 

We had a great debrief meeting and here is what each person has to take away from the day: 

Kalysta Russell: even when it seems like you are not making a difference, know that you are. 

Rachel Fields: I need to be a bold witness for the Lord. He will enable me to do anything that He called me to do.

Joseph Williams: The courage to keep going even after being rejected and stepping way out off my comfort zone. 

Adam Kimrey: That even when people reject me that I need to love and pray for them instead of showing hatred and basically saying that they are "too far gone"

Adam Huneycutt: I want to be able to go home and have confidence to go door to door and invite people to church. 

Joy Whitley: To know that we were taking the gospel to the nations without even touching foreign soil. 

Robert Whitley: I am totally amazed by our youth and their commitment to the Lord. I was impressed by their willingness to share the love of Jesus. 

Anya Bullock: I loved going to the pool because I made my own whirlpool. I figured out by spinning I can get warmer. I love it. Even the hot tub. I would like it more if I didn't have a blister. So it was fun. This sentence is written by Anya Bullock. This is my favorite part including handing out cards.

Ashley Wilkinson: While watching my (almost) 8-year-old knock on doors without fear, I'm amazed at her passion and eagerness to share Jesus. We often look at young ones and think of their limitations but today I was amazed by my baby girl. I was reminded that leading doesn't come from age or even experience.

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)

Matthew Wilkinson: I am truly amazed at the incredibly diverse area that we encountered today. The nations are all right here. I am amazed at our team and how they totally went for it today and absolutely hit it out of the park. I am one blessed Youth Pastor. 

Thanks for your prayers. Tomorrow you can pray for the following:
-  We have a work day at Colin Powell Elementary  School in the morning. Pray that we will be a blessing to them. 
- We will be handing out free watermelons tomorrow. Pray for great conversations about the Lord and that gospel seeds will be planted. 
- Pray for safety and boldness for our team. 
- Pray for strength and energy for the team. 
- Pray for the people who we will talk to tomorrow that their hearts be receptive. 

Thanks for reading and praying. 

Blessings, 
Pastor Matt and Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment